The day of your wedding can be a whirlwind. With emotions and nerves running high and family and friends running around, it can be difficult to keep your thoughts straight let alone your things. We have put together a wedding day checklist for you so nothing can be left to memory or chance.
Before we get started with the items to remember, we want to make a few suggestions.
- Take pictures before the ceremony so you don’t miss your own reception running around the city. If you don’t want to see each other before the ceremony, at least get the family photos out of the way. Creating a list of all of the family photos will help make the process go smoothly.
- Eat before the cocktail hour begins.
- Remember to take it all in.
Checklist For The Bride
- Bridesmaids gifts (if you haven’t presented them already)
- have a comfortable pair of flats for the reception
- nice hanger for wedding dress photos
- Emergency/Repair Kit
- Sewing kit with needle & white thread
- Tide-To-Go Pen
- safety pins
- double sided tape
- a “touch-up” kit
- blotting pads
- chapstick/lip gloss/lipstick
- breath mints
- traction pads for heals
- Baby Powder
- Bubbly… with a side of OJ
Checklist For The Groom
- the marriage certificate
- Groomsmen’s gifts
- Suit and all its accompaniments (don’t forget your shoes!)
- Lint Roller
- THE WEDDING RINGS
Checklist For Both Bride & Groom
- CHARGED cellphones/charger
- Itinerary/timeline for the day (for the bridal party as well) – this is respectful to your caterer too. Try to stick to the timeline as much as possible so you don’t compromise the integrity of your food. Steak can only be medium for so long.
- Assign someone to grab your things at the wedding and after the reception
- Wedding Vows (if you are writing these yourself)
- Checks for Vendors (and tips in envelops for each). Don’t forget the wedding officiate!
- Remember to Breathe!
HAVE FUN and don’t loose focus of what this day is really about.
Click Wedding day check list for the printable version.