“Art Deco Artistry”
Photography credit for images 2 and 3 in slider: Jason Kaczorowski
One of Chicago’s most world renowned buildings, The Rookery, located in the center of Chicago’s downtown Financial District, is the perfect place for your Event!
And with it’s architectural history, landmark status, and striking design, the building is also LEED certified – making it the ideal fit for the conscientious planner.
Designed in 1888 by famous architectural partners Burnham and Root, the lobby was then redesigned in 1905 by the impressive Frank Lloyd Wright. The stunning two-story, skylit lobby, The Light Court, features winding staircases that sit below a skylight ceiling creating an ambiance of timeless beauty.
Weddings, Corporate Functions, Social and NFP’s are welcomed here and we ensure guests will fall in love with the space. The Rookery offers unique character and distinctive elegance for any event.
Caterers and Event Production (lighting, AV, furniture, outdoor rentals – events with more than table top decor, i.e., floral, candles, props) are required to be selected from our Vendor List.
- Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired metal bars (2)
- Venue coordinator
- 24 hour security
- Draping and rental furniture available through Art of Imagination. Contact Deborah at deborah@artofimagination and mention in Subject Line “The Rookery” or call 773.682.0342
- The Frank Lloyd Wright Trust available for guided tours. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312.994.4000
- Shop Wright – The Rookery Museum Shop for gift items available for corporate, bridal, and social events. Please email email@example.com or call 877.848.3559
- Impressive stone entryways
- Two-story lobby with white Carrara covering walls and ceilings
- Marble balustrade leading to balcony with Arabic motifs along archway
- Intricate iron staircase winding down from floor 12 to 2
- Marble floors
- Detailed woodwork
- Discount parking available
Sit down 170 with dance floor; 180 without
Cocktail reception 350
Balcony: 1,000 sq ft
2nd Floor Elevator Lobby: 685 sq ft
- Sunday – Thursday – $6,250
- Friday – $7,250
- Saturday – $7,750
New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Sunday before Memorial Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Sunday before Labor Day, Labor Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day Holiday pricing applies.
*50% of Venue Fee AND $1,500 Deposit of Bar Contract is due to secure date reservation
MILITARY PERSONNEL DISCOUNT 10%