photo credit: This is a Feeling
Don’t Know what to ask at your Venue Walkthrough?
Booking a venue for your big event is a big commitment. You schedule each venue walkthrough and visit countless event spaces in person or virtually, ask the questions, take pictures and try to envision your event in each venue. But when you look at the list again suddenly you can’t remember which space had offered rentals, i.e., heat lamps and which have added fees to their Bar. Now you have many more questions and have to research again!
Don’t worry! We have put together all of the questions you may want to ask during a Venue Walkthrough:
photo credit: Amanda Megan Miller Photography
HOURS OF OPERATION
- How many hours for setup?
- How many hours for break down?
- By what time does the event need to end?
- When is the earliest we can set up?
- Can friends/family/planner drop items off the day before the event?
CAPACITY and SPATIAL CONSIDERATIONS
- How many people does your venue seat?
- Is dance floor required?
- Can you do a ceremony on site?
- Can the venue accommodate South Asian weddings, i.e., Sangeet, Mehendi, Baraat?
- Is there an extra fee for ceremony?
- Is there a private break-out room or VIP room for a Ketubah?
- Is there an exclusive vendor list?
- Are tables and chairs included?
- Is there guest parking? Is guest parking free?
- Can I get ready at the venue? Is there a designated bridal room to get ready?
- Can I have candles, balloons, sparklers, confetti?
- Can I have pets?
- Can we bring our own liquor?
- Can I have a food truck on the premise? How about INSIDE the facility?
ADDITIONAL OFFERINGS and COST
- Can we do a rehearsal the day before? Is there a fee for it?
- Is there security included in the rental?
- How much of the venue deposit is required and when?
- When is the final guest count due?
photo credit: Ronald Ladao
We have created a printable checklist for you to take on your next walkthough. It will help guide you in your selection of the best venue for your special day. Cheers! Click the link below to print off your Venue Walkthrough worksheet: