One of Chicago’s most world renowned buildings, The Rookery, located in the center of Chicago’s downtown Financial District, is the perfect place for your Event!
With its architectural history, landmark status, and striking design, it combines state-of-the-art building systems and technology to ensure your event a success. Designed in 1888 by famous architectural partners Burnham and Root, the lobby was then redesigned in 1905 by the impressive Frank Lloyd Wright. The stunning two-story, skylit lobby, The Light Court, features winding staircases that sit below a skylight ceiling creating an ambiance of timeless beauty.
Weddings, Corporate Functions, Social and NFP’s are welcomed here and we ensure guests will fall in love with the space. The Rookery offers unique character and distinctive elegance for any event.
- Impressive Stone Entryways
- Two-story Lobby with white Carrara covering walls and ceilings
- Marble Balustrade leading to Balcony with Arabic motifs along Archway
- Intricate Iron Staircase winding down from floor 12 to 2
- Marble Floors
- Detailed Woodwork
- Green Rooms Available
- Discount Parking Available
- Frank Lloyd Wright-Inspired Furniture (value $7,000)
- 2 Metal Bars
- 6 High tops
- 6 Cabaret Tables
- 50 Teak Chairs
- 1 Custom-made Dining Table
- Green Room Draping and Furniture (available through Art of Imagination)
- Standard Rookery Draping* $500 (value $1,500)
- Event Coordinator
Main Floor: 5,500 sq ft
Balcony: 1,000 sq ft
2nd Floor Elevator Lobby: 685 sq ft
- Sit down 170 with dance floor; 180 without
- Cocktail reception 400
Pricing (based on 10.5-hour rental):
Up to 400 People
- Sunday – Thursday – $5,500
- Friday – $6,500
- Saturday – $7,250
- Sunday-Thursday – $6,250
- Friday – $7,250
- Saturday – $8,000
NOT FOR PROFIT DISCOUNT 10%
MILITARY PERSONNEL DISCOUNT 10%
*New Year’s Eve, Sunday before Memorial Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Sunday before Labor Day, Labor Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
*50% of Venue Fee AND $1,500 Deposit of Bar Contract is due to secure date reservation
Caterers and Event Production (lighting, AV, furniture, outdoor rentals – events with more than table top decor, i.e., floral, candles, props) are required to be selected from our Vendor List.
Want to make your event eco-friendly and socially-responsible?
Photo Credits: Art of Imagination, Mack Rainwater/ Two Birds Photography